In 2016 I released a song and music video called S.N.A.G. (Sensitive New Age Guy). I wrote the song with my good friend Robby Baier and collaborated with my brother Adam Whalan on the music video, along with my friends in The Berkshires, MA. I’m usually super serious with my music, but with this project I poked fun at myself and helped people around the world to laugh. The video has been watched by people around the world, and it even won an award at a music video film festival. It got over 500k views on Facebook!
To celebrate the five year anniversary of S.N.A.G., I’m releasing a limited edition music video NFT collection on OpenSea for my BIGGEST fans and supporters, available starting on August 26th 2021.
There will only be 10 “Sacred Gong” & 10 “Hi, I’m a S.N.A.G.” NFTs in existence and only 1 S.N.A.G. music video NFT!
Each NFT will provide access to a private chat room only for NFT holders that will put you in close contact with me. Each common NFT also acts as a raffle ticket for 3 different 1-of-1 S.N.A.G. inspired t-shirts. If you purchase the rare S.N.A.G. Music Video NFT, you will not only be guaranteed a 1/1 t-shirt but a personalized rap sung by me as well!
WHAT IS A NFT?
I’ve partnered with my friends over at Monitune to make this all happen. They have helped me create the S.N.A.G. NFT, but they have also helped me to learn about what NFTs are. It seemed super complicated at first, but I’m having a huge learning experience by going through this process. Big thanks to these guys for helping artists and passing along the knowledge.
- NFT stands for non-fungible token, and it can be understood as a digital collectible that is safely stored in a crypto wallet. It’s like any art collection, a rare baseball card or limited edition artist merch, except it exists digitally on blockchain technology. In my case, it’s an item that my biggest fans would be able to collect and prove that they own.
- “A non-fungible token is a unit of data stored on a digital ledger, called a blockchain, that certifies a digital asset to be unique and therefore not interchangeable. NFTs can be used to represent items such as photos, videos, audio, and other types of digital files.” – Wikipedia
- NFTs are tradable, so when you buy and own an NFT, you can trade it using an NFT Marketplace such as OpenSea.
- NFTs can contain un-lockable content. With the S.N.A.G. NFT, for instance, if you buy one you get added to BACKSTAGE ACCESS VIP chat with me on my Discord server. You would also get other perks like a one-of-one T-Shirt and a personal rap cameo.
WHY NFTS ARE VALUABLE
Here are a few reasons why NFTs can be valuable.
- When you purchase an artist’s NFT, you are investing in that artist’s success. If the artist increases in popularity, so will the value of the NFT. It could become something that you profit from too!
- NFTs are often released as a limited edition collection, as is the case with the S.N.A.G. NFT. Because the item rare and in limited supply, NFTs have a greater potential to be worth more.
- NFTs prove ownership of an asset, allowing you to display your collection to the world!
- Ahead of the curve! A lot of people are saying that NFTs are the future. It’s possible that you could be ahead of the curve by getting into this marketplace early.
HOW TO BUY NFTS